Western Built and Repaired Lists
The following is a list of the modifications to the Western Asbestos Settlement Trust Built and Repair Ship Lists approved at the September 2013 Trustees’ meeting.
Ships removed from the Western Built List:
- Angelo Petri – this ship was built at Kaiser, Swan Island
- Oregon Mail – this ship was built at NASSCO in San Diego
- President Kennedy – this ship was built at NASSCO in San Diego
- Ocean Phoenix, previously the Oregon Mail – this ship was built at NASSCO in San Diego
Modifications to the Western Ships Built List:
- Correct Name – Charles Devena should be Charles Devens
- Correct Name – Chicago should be to SS Chicago, originally the General C.H. Muir
- Correct Name – Saint Louis should be SS Saint Louis, originally the General M.L. Hersey
- Correct Name – Pittsburgh should be SS Pittsburgh, originally the General M.L. Hersey
- Correct Name – President Wilson should be SS President Wilson
- End Date – Independence should have an end date of 1931 as it changed to the City of Norfolk
- Start and End Date – City of Norfolk (previously the Independence) should have a date range from 1931-1941 as then it changed to the Neville
Ship removed from the Western Ships Repaired List:
- Point Cruz
Ship added to the Western Ships Repaired List
- Chicago CG 11 – start date of 11/1/1958 to 12/31/1963 – Hunters Point Naval Shipyard. The Chicago underwent a five year conversation.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that a hearing on the motion to approve Western Asbestos Settlement Trust’s Ninth Annual Report and Accounting is scheduled for Wednesday, June 19, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. before United States Bankruptcy Court Judge, the Honorable Roger L. Efremsky, at the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California, Oakland Division, located at 1300 Clay Street, Oakland, California 94612 in Room 201.
Western Asbestos Payment Percentage Review
Section 4.2 of the Trust Distribution Procedures requires that the Payment Percentage be reconsidered no less frequently than once every three years. The Payment Percentage was last reviewed on February 18, 2010 (see notices of all reviews and changes in Archive notices). On February 7, 2013, the Payment Percentage was again reviewed and it remains at 44%.